The girls and young women of CGS are agents of change who develop
confidence and a strong sense of self in a safe, collaborative, inquiry-based learning environment.
March 18-22, 2019
Last week before spring break…
We would like to let families know that we are unfortunately still experiencing problems with our phone system and are continuing to work at resolving the issue. If students will be absent today or if you need to get in touch with them or the school and cannot get through on the phones, please email email@example.com to reach us. Thank you for your continued assistance and understanding.
Our online registration for 2019-2020 starts today at 4 pm. Please ensure to complete your registration by May 17th! Click here for further details….
Just another reminder that report cards were distributed on Friday, March 15th. If you haven’t already, please take some time to sit with students in order to review and discuss their progress as reported in their narratives and by their grades. As always, classroom teachers are available should you have any questions.
Congratulations to the school choirs on their incredible performances at Choralfest last week. We are proud to announce that the grade 4 choir received a ranking of gold and the grade 5 & concert choirs received a ranking of platinum.
Thank you to school council for hosting Dr. Allan Donsky, child and adolescent psychiatrist, during the school council meeting on Wednesday. His presentation on anxiety was extremely engaging and provided those in attendance with a wealth of information.
CGS Week at a Glance:
- Grade 7 Band rehearsal on Monday at 12:15pm.
- Gladiators Fencing Club on Monday, from 3:00pm – 4:15pm.
- Grade 8 Band rehearsal on Tuesday at 12:15pm.
- Grade 6 guest speaker, Andrew Smith (media marketing), on Tuesday at 1:00pm.
- Grade 7 Badminton team practice on Tuesday, from 3:00pm – 4:30pm.
- Speech club practice on Tuesday, from 3:00pm – 4:30pm.
- Jazz Band rehearsal on Wednesday at 7:30am.
- Grade 6 guest speaker, Jyoti Gondek (Ward 3 City Councillor), on Wednesday at 11:00am.
- GSA club guest speaker from Camp Fyrefly, on Wednesday at 11:55am.
- Dear Edwina rehearsal (cast & crew) on Wednesday, from 3:00pm – 6:00pm.
- Grade 8 & 9 Badminton team practice on Wednesday, from 3:00pm – 4:30pm.
- Grade 9 Band rehearsal on Thursday at 12:15pm.
- No Lakeview Concert Choir practice this week.
- Grade 7 Badminton team practice on Thursday, from 3:00pm – 4:30pm.
- Grade 8 & 9 Badminton team practice on Thursday, from 3:00pm – 4:30pm.
- Grade 7 field trip to Central Library on Friday, from 10:00am – 2:00pm.
Enjoy the sun and the double digit weather!