AHS Community Education Service is pleased to present the following sessions:
- Understanding and Supporting the Transition to Adulthood: Giving up the Tyranny of Turning 18
- Attachment Issues with Children/Families: Information, Courses and Resources! (available via Audioine and TH)
- Understanding Self Harm: Introduction for parents and caregivers
- E-cigarette Use Amongst Youth and Cultural/Social Aspects of Shisha/Hookah Use (available via Audioine and TH)
- Kids Have Stress Too
- Street Drugs (available via Audioine and TH)
- Parenting a Child with a Disability
- Let’s Talk About: Typical Speech and Language Development (2 to 5 years) (available via Audioine and TH)
- Fentanyl: Effects, Risks and Intervention
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Not Your Everyday Anxiety
- To register and learn more about viewing options: http://fcrc.albertahealthservices.ca/ces/sessions/current/
- Click on the icons next to the titles for more information.
- Note: CES sessions, apart from its ONLINE sessions, are NOT available for viewing from your home computer.
We, as families, travel and provide our children with opportunities to communicate with a much bigger world, the need arises for all of us to become aware and proactive with head lice. Head lice are a pest that can be present in schools. We prefer a best practice and proactive measure where families make a habit of instituting a regular check for head lice. This process also encourages students to pay attention to their health and well being as they become responsible citizens.
As a reminder to families we will periodically have children write the words ‘HEALTH CHECK’ in their agendas or post on the class wiki as a reminder to check for head lice.
If you have questions about head lice, please refer to this Head Lice Information page or contact your family doctor.
AHS Measles Letter:
Current Healthy Children/Teens from Alberta Health Services:
Please see this link for all future Healthy Children and Teen newsletters: http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/page9539.aspx