Our school uniform is a reflection of the pride we have for our school and the respect that we have for one another. To ensure all students reflect this commitment, uniforms are required to be worn at all times and to be kept clean. If blazers or cardigans interfere with learning while at school, girls are asked to hang them on the back of their chairs at their desks.
- CGCS blazer
- Kilt or pants
- White oxford shirt, tucked-in
- Black knee socks or black tights
- Dress shoes
*Please note that the vest or sweater is not a part of the formal uniform.
Our formal uniform is required to be worn on the following days:
- The first day of school
- School photos
- Special occasions
- For guest visitors
- Occasions where the girls are representing our school on field trips, unless otherwise specified by the teacher
Hair should also to be neat at all times, while Hijabs must be plain in colour and complement the uniform. Any jewelry or body piercing should be respectful of the school environment.
- Students are to wear modest shorts under their kilts
- Any garments to be worn under blouses or shirts to be white or off white
- Dress shoes must be black and polished, or patent with a low heel
- Combinations of blazer, cardigan, or vest
- Oxford shirt tucked in with tie
- Kilt, pleated skort, black uniform pants, black tights or knee socks
- Summer dress with white knee socks
- Blazer, cardigan, or vest
- Oxford shirt tucked in with tie
- Polo shirt or poplin blouse
- Kilt, black uniform pants, pleated skort, or black skort with black tights or knee socks
Note: The summer uniform can be worn beginning after Spring Break, into the fall until Thanksgiving weekend.
- Gym shirt
- Dri-fit shorts
- Zip-up hoodie
- Jogging pants, white socks and appropriate athletic shoes
Note: The athletic uniform is required for every gym class. Students may also wear full zip-up hoodie and polar fleece jacket as outerwear to and from school, however, these are not worn in school as part of the uniform.
Our Uniform Supplier
Top Marks is pleased to be the uniform Supplier for the Calgary Girls Charter School. For questions or to purchase uniforms please refer to the contact info below. To order uniforms online, please refer to the order packaging form found here.
P: (403) 605-4636
Toll Free: 1-800-667-7105
School Code: CAL01
2020-2021 Top Marks Customer Service Days
*NOTE: Top Marks Customer Service dates have been cancelled due to rising COVID- 19 numbers. Please visit their website or call the toll free number to order uniform pieces.
Our school is proud to offer hot lunches to all of our students. We use a variety of vendors and all orders are managed through the Healthy Hunger website. To sign-up your child for hot lunches visit healthyhunger.ca and follow the instructions below:
- Click “Register Student”
- Create an account
- Choose the campus your daughter is attending, either “Calgary Girls’ School” or “Calgary Girls’ School – Bel Aire”.
*Please note that order deadlines are 5 business days prior to each hot lunch.
Hot lunches are organized and managed by our School Council. If you would like to help distribute or organize the hot lunches, we are always looking for more volunteers. To learn more about opportunities to volunteer please see our School Council section.
CGCS is a peanut aware school setting and assists students in understanding their roles and responsibilities in contributing to a safe and caring learning community
All staff are committed to a safe and caring environment and have training in anaphylaxis prevention and awareness.
Call Calgary Health Link at 943-LINK (5465) in the Calgary area or 1-866- 408-LINK (5465) toll-free for more information. To access many health related resources please see MyHealth.Alberta.ca .
IT @ CGCS
Our school uses a BYOD model: Bring Your Own Device. We acknowledge that tech literacy is key to having confidence in modern working and learning environments. This policy also reflects our values of skill building at every opportunity.
Using technology in the classroom has shown to increase engagement and learning in students as they are able to research their questions and share their ideas in an educational space with their peers.*
When students bring their own device to school, we leverage their familiarity with it and encourage them to use it in an educational way, within and beyond the classroom.
Calgary Girls Charter School thrives on the support of engaged parents.
Our School Council is made up of parents, school administrators, teachers and, when possible, students.
Being a part of the School Council provides a conduit for members of the community to
engage and offer perspective to the principal and administration and provides parents the
- Meet regularly with administration
- Organize fun activities to reinforce strong sense of school community
- Provide informative, relevant educational sessions for parents
- Fundraise to maximize opportunities augmenting students’ educational experience
CGCS School Council meets on a monthly basis alternating between day time and evening meetings. CGCS meetings are open to all CGCS parents. The CGCS School Council executive is elected at the Annual General meeting usually held in May for a 1-year term.
If you are interested in being part of
the CGCS School Council, please email the School Council directly at email@example.com.
For more information about the role of school councils in Alberta, please see:
Achievement • Courage • Integrity • Respect • Community
6304 Larkspur Way SW
Calgary, AB T3E 5P7
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
BEL AIRE CAMPUS
1011 Beverley Blvd SW
Calgary, AB T2V 2C4
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
7239C Flint Road SE
Calgary, AB T2H 1G2